THIS IS HOW A PADDLE CACTUS LOOKS AFTER TWO NIGHTS OF BELOW FREEZING TEMPS


Here is what happens when the juicy, thick, paddle cactus find themselves in the midst of the second night of temperatures in the 20's. (the sky is really THAT blue) Frozen and heavy they fall (crash) off onto the ground!!! I actually heard them falling and could not believe my eyes this morning when not only the one in our back yard looked devastating, but just about everywhere in town. Tonight we will have another freeze. Amazing. People had water pipes freeze in some of the older towns and cities as water pipes are outside the homes and not protected. This house, however, in a town that is barely 25 years old, had a previous owner that was prepared for everything. And to think I laughed out loud when I saw all the outside pipes insulated in this amazing cushioned aluminum looking material. I have a new found respect for Guido (Yes, his real name) the same man who put in 6 fig trees and 10 ceiling fans (including one in the toilet closet, the garage, and two on the patio) Here I was thinking this was a compulsive gentleman. THANKS GUIDO!!!

No comments: