YOGA, SARAH MCLACHLAN MUSIC & TEA


At the tender age of 19 (you know, when flexibility is a given)

I practiced yoga.

It was the 70s.

My peers and I had flowing long dresses

long hair

bell bottom jeans & Indian designed cotton halter tops.

Everything natural.

Some smoked pot,

I never could smoke anything...then..now

but I loved yoga.

Fast forward a few decades and a dear friend

suggests that with my new outlook on the feeding of my body

perhaps I should top it off with yoga.

(insert grimace at thought of sitting in lotus position with wonky knee)

but I know the suggestion comes from a good place and is no doubt timely.

So I pick up the latest copy of Yoga magazine while in line to pay for

latest accumulation of organic veggies

and see my favorite of all time artists on the cover


Sarah Mclachlan





Which, again is timely, as I had only two weeks or so ago

picked up her latest CD

LAWS OF ILLUSION
(we only waited 7 years for this...I'm just saying...)



Kismit? maybe.

And may I just say this is an outstanding piece of work.

One song, LOVE COME, is done two different ways

and is just gorgeous.

It begins:

"Love come....light up the shadows ..Let the beauty of you enter in....."

Totally stunning and I highly recommend this entire CD to any Sarah fans.

Anyhow, so back to yoga.............

I will take baby steps and make it part of my day...squeeze it in somewhere

all on the path of being well........

...well being.

As for tea.........my sister handed me two packets of tea last week to try

telling me it will be a delicious treat.

Hard to pass up, right?

GOOD EARTH
Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea


May I just say YUMALICIOUS!!!!

I immediately went online and ordered the
organic version because it is hard to find which is perplexing.

Even Whole Foods does not have it. hmmmmmmm

This tea is sweet without having to add a thing!!!!

And being off sugar, this is a good thing, let me tell you.

The ingredients:

Red Rooibos, Chicory Root, Natural Flavor (somewhat suspicious of this and hope it is more
defining in the organic version)
RosehIps, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Papaya, Chamomile, Panaz GingsenG, Anise Seed, Dandelion Root, Ginger Root, Orange Oil, Orange Peel

Total recommendation on this tea.

That's it from faerieluna..........have a wonderful day off tomorrow....woohooo!
Cafe closed and Mr. J. gets to stay home with me and bratcat.



2 comments:

debi said...

Good luck with the yoga. I hope it helps.

Joanne Huffman said...

Years ago, I took a "gentle yoga" class and loved it. Sadly, my teacher moved and I didn't keep up; you remind me that I should start back up.