OH, AND HERE IS ONE OF THE PROJECTS I ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED THIS WEEKEND



THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF A PIECE THAT TICKLES ME
THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS

THEN MR. J. COMES HOME AND I HOLD IT OUT

WITH GLEE

DOUBLE GLEE

BECAUSE I LOVE IT

AND HE LOVES THAT I LOVE IT

BUT HE SHAKES HIS HEAD and RAISES THAT ONE EYEBROW

THAT MAKES ME LAUGH
EVEN TO TYPE IT

AND SAYS

"I DON'T GET IT...........




AND I SAY THE SAME THING EACH AND EVERY TIME THROUGH THE LAUGHTER

"I KNOW!"

So, it's a wooden bird.
Actually two wooden birds that I bonded together
with wire legs stuck in between.

Now, THEY were a struggle.
I made a few that got trashed until I came up with these.
It takes a bit of wire, (especially when the first two are in the garbage) but they work!!!

then I filled the little gaps here and there with wood filler.
(My tool box has many things in it..hahaha you thought I got it from Mr. J's stash....uh, no.
I love my tool box and duct tape and drill and hammers.....AND ACE Hardware store)

The next step was to gesso......
then gorgeous Golden Primary Magenta paint.......
then some stunning Golden fluid Iridescent Gold Deep (fine) paint.
..then some scrubby dabs of Plaid Deep Purple Violet Glaze paint.

Then collage bits and faces from Paper Whimsy stash
.....and another wash of Iridescent Gold paint......(in between Golden Medium Gel)

Next she got blue wings that were on transparency

then sprinkles of stardust and glitter.
yes, stardust and glitter.

Isn't she smile worthy?!!

Now here is an unfinished project
started at my desk this week
when I needed to exercise the other half of my brain


It seems that any of my projects that involve paintings
began at work
When I am just about at the end of my rope
with things that almost put me into a coma
I pull out my pencils and grab paper
and begin to sketch

I don't seem to start a drawing at home
although every face I see
I am formulating the HOW and WHY
of composition
and shading

I will do that today
when Mr. J. and I go to dinner

the people sitting next to us

the waiter

I will be soaking it all in.
The slant of their eyes
or the turn and fullness of their lips....

...............lost in it....................
....................................sigh...............

"oh, what was that??, yes, I'd like lemon with my water, thank you."

8 comments:

Rosa said...

Busy you! I'm on my way to look up gesso. Sounds magical. Oh, I love those birds. The wings almost look like stained glass!

Rella said...

Gesso.......ohhh, what can I say. I luvvzzzz gesso. I need to try black as I've only worked with white so far. It's like, well, primer with "tooth" I guess.
The bird(s)..it's only one. I collaged both sides.

Thanks for visiting ~ Rella

Lori said...

Rella, that bird is WONDERFUL!!! oh my!!! i love everything about it!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

The bird is what almost jolted me awake last night as I was dashing through. I'm thinking a whole bunch of these would look so wonderful on my crazy Christmas tree. You are putting me so totally into the spirit. And that's not an easy task at my age. Time time time....I need another year to have enough time before Christmas.

And now for the sketch. It is really wonderful and I love that you "zone" out at your desk.....me too.
When the time is right, I know you will be painting it. Can't wait.
OK
Bye
xoxo

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I'm back, I forgot to tell you I see the raised eyebrow thing too. But mine just shrugs. I would probably think it was a compliment if he said "I don't get it"......

Rosa said...

Ok, I'm gonna find me some of that Gesso stuff!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaak. Wanted to look at the birds again. I can't get them out of my mind. I have collected some ahhhhh. Well it's like cardboard. I tore off the back of some Insurance Bond pads. OK I'm off now. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
xox

kecia deveney said...

the wood birds are adorable! are you selling them? i want one! (you know i am a bird nerd!)