A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN

I could not resist. Nope, not me. I didn't even try that hard. When I came upon these wonderful pink peonies I HAD to have them. All of May I thought of the lilacs and lily of the valley back home in Connecticut and how I missed them. I would close my eyes and bring back memories like little videos playing over and over until I could almost smell the intoxicating fragrance that my heart was longing for. So, as I shopped for a few odds and ends at the market, I walked by the flowers as usual and stopped dead in my tracks.....COULD THOSE LUSCIOUS PINK BUNDLES BE PEONIES????



yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I will say I did not care what they cost. I will also admit I put a few things back from my basket so that I could buy two tiny bundles. I absolutely do not regret this purchase at all. The fragrance is not as strong as my mother's peonies, but it's enough to open up the floodgates and bring me back to a sweet, beautiful Spring in Connecticut.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy: The Peonies are gorgeous!! I put 6 Peony plants in my front garden last Spring and this May I was rewarded with giant pink fragrant blooms! They smell better than any rose!!! Enjoy yours!
Hugzzzzzzzzzzz,
Audra Mae

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just need to splurge a little on ourselves and get those things that bring us happiness. I don't blame you for not wanting to pass up these gorgeous flowers! I can almost smell them through the computer screen! Oh...and I love lilacs and lilies-of-the-valley as well. Two of my most favorite flowers!!

Cindy Dean said...

These are beautiful flowers!

Artifax said...

Those are stunning in their beauty! Wishing you much enjoyment of your beautiful flowers! And I like your new blog colorscheme :)

Lori said...

i love peonies!!! they remind me of when i was young and visiting my grand~mother, the only flowers she grew were peonies...