Another year begins

 
Where did 2014 go?
We all pretty much think and say that
every year, right?
And as the New Year begins,
I always, always, promise myself
to play closer attention
to make each day/moment matter
to love as big as I possibly can
to truly make joy my compass
and the lists I make are endless.
partly because I just love making lists
and partly because if I actually write it
there is a chance it will seep into my core
and become a reality.
That is my thought, anyhow.
What I DO know is that my word
for this year
is
CREATE
If it could be longer than one word
(and it CAN be since I am making the statement to myself)
it would more likely be:
Return to your joy of creating.
 
I had set my papers, paints, stamps,
brushes, etc.
 
aside for several years....
 
and the only creative outlet was photographing
my Blythe girls
My current Blythe family
My third attempt at customizing

A Petite Wanderling Custom - a dream come true

 
and my tiny mouse

 
with an occasional capture of Luli,

the 4lb wonder that rules the house.

Aside from that it was work, work, work
...now an hour's commute each way
compared to the 10 minute commute
 of 8 years...

which led to the necessity of purchasing this
2015 Toyota Prius Hybrid

and only the basic household chores
and that's about it.

But I have had the longing
to play with paints
and stamps
and paper

on canvas...

or make paper dolls

and art cards

....all the things I love doing.
Things that bring me such fulfillment
and a certain peace

So that is my promise to myself
to return to something I love
and

CREATE
 



3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I look forward to seeing your creations.

lyn avedikian said...

I, too, have not touched my stamps, paints, fabric and ephemera in over 3 years. I have just recently started to unpack the boxes that house my supplies to set up my studio which is a lovely loft space in my home. I hope someday that we could at least share some art again. I have so many wonderful art pieces from you and I truly treasure each and every one and look at them often. Like you, I am feeling a tremendous pull to get creative again. I have missed it.

reclaimed wood dining table said...

Wonderful. I love the photos. Keep posting!