What I have been up to
 
Aside from the Monday to Friday
8ish to 5ish
I am still doing my best
to make time to customize
 
On my work table for ages and ages
were two Nostalgic Pop Blythes
twins
waiting to be transformed.
 
One was for a dear friend
and the other for me.
 
There are others waiting as well
one for my daughter....
another girl with curly red hair
freckles and green eyes
that will remind me of my DIL
 
Then there are those that have no
particular plan
they are just waiting.
 
So back to the twins.
Customs #3 & #4
 
Maddie & Marin
 
I sanded and carved
and sanded  and carved
and sanded some more.
 
I don't keep track of the time it takes
because it's an endeavor of joy.
 
Then came the stages of coloring
there are many of these....
layers of color and finishing spray
 
 
 
 too many to count
 
until finally I feel satisfied.
Then the eye mechanisms
go back in
after new eye chips are put in
 
Both girls wear eye chips that I
painted, as well as chips
from other artisans
and my favorite blue stock eye chip.
The ones below.
 
Here they 'see' each other for the first time

Marin on the left, Maddie on the right

The head is reunited with the changed out body
and the hair....

the pull charms are placed
and the fun of dressing begins.

Maddie - getting ready to head home
 
I took many shots of the girls
together..
and apart.

Marin who will stay with me
 

 
 And they know they will always be connected..
...invisible heart strings.
 

because they were created together
Maddie for someone so special
Marin to stay with me
 
Dolly friends
Best friends

 

2 comments:

Q said...

Wow lovely!

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Rella! You are the best at creating these dolls. I just love the softness that is so unique to your creations. They are all so magical!

hugs♥,
Caroline