HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


After talking to the birthday boy today
I walked to my mailbox
and there
in the corner

growing through the rocks

a darling heart cactus!!

this is for you, Ryan

What a wonderful gift as I think on this special day 34 years ago.
Yes, 34.

He was (is) a first in so many ways.
Arriving a year and nine months after a winter wedding,
we were children having a baby.


Our first child

first son

first grandchild on both sides.

The cutest little beany baby, not even 7 lbs.

sigh

and now......such a wonderful young man
funny, affectionate and down to earth.

Happy Birthday, Ry!!!

I had to sketch a birthday faerie for him
nothing too girlie.

A fae with an edge......




4 comments:

Sherri said...

Thank you for sharing this. I really like the sketch too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my own special birhtday art card! I love having an original piece of art from the greatest mom ever. My birthday box was so wonderful and heartfelt and opening it made my day. You are missed and loved very much. xo!

suze said...

What a "sweet"heart!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Very sweet..happy belated birthday ryan.
xoxo Nita