FINALLY FRIDAY


My favorite night of the week.

It used to be date night until the cafe kept my 'date' away
with expanded hours.

Some day I will write about life surrounding the cafe these past
four (going on 20) years

On any given day the title could be:

  • THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE THE CAFE
  • SO YOU THOUGHT OPENING A CAFE WOULD BE FUN?
  • THE DAY WE LEFT 'NORMAL'
(the crazy things customers say)

  • CAFE FOR SALE (cost: arm, leg, heart, life, )

  • WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
  • A HARSH MISTRESS
  • SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
hahahaha I threw that in just to see if you were paying attention.

I still honor that time
and keep the date with myself
as it is still a celebration of the start of
the two days of bliss away from the desk I call 'Crazy'

are you confused at this point??

I work at a crazy desk job to pay the bills

Mr. J. runs the cafe

hey, that rhymes.

which used to be an adorable octagon shaped building
of about 1,000 sq. ft.

manageable

now it's four times the size
in a plaza
at the main attraction of the town
The Fountain


At this writing, 6:30 a.m., my plan (which may change)
is to head to Michaels and pick up
some art supplies.

Maybe stop for a great margarita and bite to eat
then head home to
see what the brat...uh...I mean cat has been up to
and play with her a bit.

I am inspired to create a doll after watching one of my favorite shows
So You Think You Can Dance.

Why...do you wonder?
I am not a dance nut, that's for sure.

Music, however, is another thing..........
and brilliant choreography...
An amazing jazz number to Marilyn Manson's
Beautiful People was off the charts!!!

and occasionally mind blowing costumes!

I always find new music with that show.........
I have paper and pen close by to jot down an
artist and song I will later download from i-tunes..

and I am often inspired by the
costumes to create something.

Last night was awe inspiring.
the opening act was a cross between Tim Burton
(just my all time super creative freak fav)

and Cirque de Soleil.

I wanted it to go on and on.

Wednesday's dance by Chelsie and Mark
to Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

a Tabitha and Napoleon choreographed piece

gives you those fab chill bumps

It was over the top good.

and.........now for a peek at who is emerging

after a long sleep

a new Mothie




She will be presented here this weekend

and then will be up on ETSY



3 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Am I suppose to be able to see a hint of a new Mothie? All I can see is a little square that won't do anything. I am so glad you are making a new Mothie and I can't wait to see her. I have been wondering why you haven't, every time I look up and see mine right there watching over me.

Rella said...

I fixed it, I think. Yes, I love the Mothies and have many more designed (in my head) so I am glad you were hoping to see more. Yours was one of my first and also a very dear one. She was meant for you Wingkeeper.
xo Rella

suze said...

I have been away for a couple weeks and missed So You Think You Can Dance, thanks for the mini update. There is an x where your mothie should be.
Thanks for the info on the watercolor blocks.