A DAY'S WORK


The project:

29 pages for a Chunky Book Swap for Art Unraveled

Using 4X4, 140lb weight, watercolor pages,

the paint and ink layers were applied last week.



Then the decision of which recent painting to copy

to use for the main image

in keeping with the theme: 'discover your muse'

I chose this one


Lots of cutting...

gluing...

more cutting...

outlining...

edging piece in ink

Five hours just today alone

and as I work on it I revisit the same question that hounds me
over and over and over again....

Why?

Why do I take on committments like this that eat up so much of my weekend time?????

that blessed time away from CRAZY.

Each project I undertake has it own rewards.

I totally loved the faerie slipper project. Every precious moment of it

......regardless of the bzillion hours it took.

This one.......I like it. I am happy with my color choice and image.

I think it works really well.

But it's 4:25 p.m. and now I will start the housework that has waited for me.

Perhaps because I am not feeling quite well today

that I struggle with the old question of

"why"

But I have been quite careful over the past year to NOT take on many projects......

Justcreating when I am feeling moved to

and for no other reason than I love to create.

Well, I can put this one 'to bed'



Wrap it up in some fun scrap paper that evolved
with the paints on paper towels.

How pretty that is.

........and mail it off Monday.

Faerie slippers - check

AU chunky book pages - check

PW April Green 1x3's - check

PW Arches -

Theater -

PW June page for 2009 Calendar



Crossing one more project off my list

and silently preaching to myself

"FINISH MAY PROJECTS

AND

DO NOT

TAKE ON ANY MORE

UNTIL AFTER ART UNRAVELED!!"

1 comment:

Zorana said...

That is a lot of work, but it turned out great! I participated only once in a project like this and it took me so long to finish that I never did it again. But when I received the final book... it was well worth the effort.