SOUL CARD



About four or five years ago I purchased a set of Soul Cards. Each morning I would spread the cards out on my bed and choose one for the day. I would set it in a place where I would see it as the day progressed and let it reveal itself to me. Sometimes it was early on in the day. Some days there would be glimmers of it's meaning throughout the day. Now, it seems a more perfect exercise before going to sleep. I spread them out and take my time choosing one. I look the chosen card over..study it and take in every little nuance and then set it on my bedside table.

It's one of the first things I look at when I wake up and sometimes it is right then that I feel exactly what the card means to me...for that day.

This is my card for tonight.

perfectly mirroring the words of my Daily OM that I got today. I receive something different and often very meaningful each and every day by e-mail:

The Wisdom Of Surrender
Resistance Equals Persistence

We all know the feeling of being repeatedly haunted by the same issue, no matter how we try to ignore it, avoid it, or run away from it. Sometimes it seems that we can get rid of something we don't want by simply pushing it away. Most of the time, the more we push away, the more we get pushed back. There are laws of physics and metaphysics that explain this phenomenon, which is often summed up in this pithy phrase:

"That which you resist persists"

Resistance tends to strengthen the energies it attempts to oppose by giving them power and energy to work against. Additionally, resistance keeps us from learning more about what we resist.

In order to fully understand something, we must open to it enough to receive its energy; otherwise, we remain ignorant of its lessons.

There is a Tibetan story of a monk who retreats to meditate in a cave only to be plagued by demons. He tries everything chasing, fighting, hiding to get the demons out of his cave, but the thing that finally works is surrender. He simply lets them have their way with him and only then do they disappear.

This story speaks of how, in essence, our demons are inside of us. What plagues and pursues us on an inner level has a way of manifesting itself in our environment in the form of people, events, and issues that appear to be beyond our control. But all these external expressions are reflections of our insides, and it is inside ourselves that we can safely experiment with surrendering to what we fear and dislike.

It may feel scary, and we may find ourselves in the company of a lot of resistance as we begin the process of opening to what we fear. But the more we learn to surrender, and the more the demons that plague us disappear in the process, the more courageous we will become.


Life is so interesting


2 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

now these cards sound very cool!!
xoxo~kim

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dear Rella, how deep you are. That is a blessing dear one. For so very many are shallow. Thank you so much for this story I needed to read it desperately. Still praying for you. love nita from red tin heart