HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TO ME....NEXT BEST THING, THOUGHTS FROM THE NEST, AND....MY NEW BANNER!!

GREAT MAIL

Right next to the joy of coming home to the nest, is the excitement when a package (or two) is waiting at the door or stuffed into the gang mailbox (more on that in a bit)

Here are two splendid examples of great mail.

'Meeting' wonderful souls in Blogland is just the best thing. I can't even put my finger on the number of wonderful people I have come in contact with; and it's just fabulous. Case in point, a wonderful artist and 'Nester', Sharon Tomlinson and I met quite recently. We have enjoyed each other's blogs and artwork and have corresponded a little here and there. So now to the point of great snail mail. This is the first thing I spied on my homecoming:

Is this not the most luscious hand made envie you've seen in a while?...and it's the BACK!!


Inside was the most generous gathering of bits to use in artwork. Notice the feathers that she gathers from her own birdies!!! Well, let me tell you, they have already been used!!!
And I love this.........The Wingkeeper.........THIS faerie that puts wings on everything is so loving that title.
........and how inspiring are these words? I might even add 'to a kind heaart' as that is what this Wingkeeper is...a kind heart.
Thank you, Sharon, I am still blown away.
DO visit Sharon's blog as I promise you it is filled with delicious art, fabulous writing and a wonderful sense of humor.......go and enjoy.



THEN


An ETSY order arrived from
JunqueArt
Look at the gorgeous box, cutest of paper ribbons and her MOO card. Sizzle!!




Then upon opening this lovely box, the GOODIES!!! Are these the cutest little bits of art tickets to share?? That's why I got them......to share. Love, love them.
And this is the 'frosting' for me. I need these bits of 'candy' for my Mothies and various pieces of art, so off to ETSY I went to look. I think it's important for us as sisters (and maybe brothers) in the art world to support one another, so I usually look on ETSY first to see if I can find what I need. Cindy is a true Diva of presentation and I applaude her. And do you see the little packet of buttons??? A giftie...!!


The pretty, pretty, MOO.........how I love collecting them.

Do visit Cindy at her website and at her ETSY shop. I highly recommend it.

So here it is, my first year celebration of joining the blog world. It's been quite an experience. I've learned a few things about html, truly only a few. But mostly I've met some wonderful people and the circle of friends grows. I wasn't too sure where I would take my blog as I began a year ago. I WAS sure it was going to be about sharing. Sharing art, thoughts, ideas. Sharing fun. Sharing.

Thank you, all that I have met here, those of you who visit quietly without comment, those of you who have made me laugh or given me pause to reflect on similar lives.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS A GREAT BLOG YEAR!!

and

lAST, BUT NOT LEAST
MY NEW BANNER

THIS IS A PIECE I DID THIS WINTER WITH ONE OF MY FAVORITE PAPER WHIMSY IMAGES. I CALLED IT FIRST SNOW ~ FULL MOON. (IF YOU HAVE NOT SHOPPED AT PAPER WHIMSY YET, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. GAYLE'S PRODUCTS ARE DIVINE AND SHE IS THE SWEETEST.) ANYHOW, WHEN IT WAS TIME TO CELEBRATE THE ONE YEAR MARK I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME THAT THE BANNER WAS MY OWN ARTWORK. WITH SUSAN TUTTLE'S EXPERTISE, THIS IS WHAT WE CAME UP WITH. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT....'CUZ I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

4 comments:

Lori said...

what a great post!! i really believe in supporting etsy also...i have only had a couple of sales myself so far, but every dollar went right back into buying something from other etsy shops...etsy rocks and you can find just about anything you would ever need...junqueart's packaging is fabulous...i am taking notes!!!

Melinda said...

I just LOVE your blog. I love the new header/logo too!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Congratulations on your first year. It was a great year of blogging. I know because having just recently discovered your fairyland, I went back to the beginning and read forward.
Thank you for the shout out. You made me blush.
My weekend company has just left and I am pooped but I had to do a little visiting and say congratulations to Lori for winning the mothie. She is so beautiful.
More later,
Sharon

smilnsigh said...

Sorry I am late but... Happy Blogiversary to you!

Mari-Nanci