DOLLS

I've been playing with the dolls
here at Faerieluna

Blythes, to be exact 

I've had two since 2007

I take them out..
put them away..
take them out..
put them away..

They've been out now for a while

and the obsession is full force

maybe because I have so little time

for much

with work

home

puppy

and it's easy to pick up the dolls
and do a few things 

dress them
pose them 

doll above, 

Quinn,

is a new adopted Blythe.
I am quite smitten with her.
Frenchie is her special rabbit
who is always by her side. 
Below is Lexi
who has been sand matted
and awaits her turn at the make up table
She loves her new pet a Maltese
who has yet to be named
and she REALLY loves her new bed
in her very special bedroom 
that is still being decorated 
however, I have taken on a new challenge
and that is customizing

the doll below on the left

Daria
is now in pieces

as I turn her into something a bit different

This is her face plate
sand matted 
and a bit of lip carving
nose altering
dimples added
 This is a scary shot of pieces 
that have to go back once I am done.

(My dear friend Brenda has inquired 
as to the location of the 'brains'...I had a good laugh over that one)
But I feel brave

and when you loose the fear

you can do anything!!!!

8 comments:

Fork said...

Oooh I love your Blythe dolls! I thin I might need one!

Terri said...

Oh how fun! So many fun things to do and so little time!
I love your little dolls and the doll bed, and her little friends. No wonder you play with them!
I look forward to seeing how your little one turns out.
Hugs,
Terri

Suz said...

Hi Rella,
I have missed you. Do you do the adjustments to the face yourself? How is Luna Bella? We are having so much barking trouble! I am about going nuts trying to find a way to stop it! Jud and I are heading to South Dakota for a family reunion. He has had a week off chemo and is feeling quite good.
Big hugs,
Suz

Sharon Tomlinson said...

That is amazing, I had no idea something like this was out there.
xo

Cinderella Moments said...

The last picture is scary! That's when I think uh oh! Will I remember how to put this back together. But I've seen your work on these dolls and I'm sure you know what to do. Can't wait to see the new look!
hugs,
Caroline

Marianne C. said...

All your little doll things are so cute...the bed, slippers, my little kitty quilt...I can see how you can have a lot of fun with them. Keep playing - it keeps the heart light.

Hugs,
Marianne

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Rella, I am finally getting caught up. I hope you are feeling better. I love your dolls, they are so sweet. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week and I can't wait to see your finished doll. Hugs, Terri

Suz said...

Rella,
I loved hearing from you and loved your tales of your Blythe doll love. I think she is charming and cannot believe that you do the masks yourself. Simply incredible. Amazing! We are at Jud's family home in South Dakota for a final time. His eighty-eight year parents are moving into a condominium. Bittersweet.
Big hugs,
Suz