I AM NOT LEAVING BLOGLANDIA




(a postcard I did quite a while ago)

A BLOGGING POST ABOUT NOT BLOGGING


Sharon and I were e-mailing a bit this past week
and I told her I was thinking I should blog about the obvious issue of my

NOT BLOGGING

That sounds so odd and yet here I am posting about that very thing.

This is my list of possible explanations:

  • I spend all my time at the desk Monday through Friday
at a computer and turning on the home computer seems to be the last thing I want to do
or take the time for.

Granted, there are only a few hours left in the day once

I DO get home

and there are 'home' things that need to be done,
but that has always

been the case.

  • I am focusing on things here at the nest. Long over-due 'things' like clearing out closets
and hanging things on the wall.

Making this place I've lived for four years
More comfortable and less 'dorm-like'

  • I feel I am in the midst of some sort of change,
but have a hard time putting it to words.

My creative processing seems to be heading in new
or different directions.

I want to sew again.

There was a time in my life that I sewed every day.

Clothing for myself, for my daughter, and even clients.

I had a large sewing room filled with every gadget, fabric, thread, etc.

Having worked at JoAnn's Fabrics for a few years, I even aquired a discarded McCalls pattern drawer!!

and it was totally FILLED!!

I toy with teaching sewing.

And if my little bird were here, I would be teaching HER!

I left all that behind (except for one sewing machine and a small sewing basket) in Connecticut and I thought I would not be sewing much in this next chapter.

Well, here I am again. Another full circle.


  • Work has been draining. I will leave it at that except to add that the negativity I am surrounded by take it's toll (including another bout with shingles last week)

  • I seem to have lost my usb cord for my camera and I miss sharing photos.

O.K. that's enough, but you get the picture (without a picture)

Thank you for all your e-mails wondering if I am adrift at sea.
sigh -

that sounds lovely, now that I think on it.

I want to bring you posts of substance
of teaching and sharing......

Love and grace to all of you my dear friends and family.
I will be back before you even miss me.

xo Rella

3 comments:

Laura H. said...

Dear Rella,
No worries, just do what makes you happy and need to do.
I will miss you, love your blog.
You have a lot going on and do start sewing, everything is for a reason. I believe where one doors close's another opens. (more less how it goes, the saying.LOL)
Enjoy your re born passion!
You will be great at whatever you do!!!! Hugs, Laura, I do miss you.

suze said...

I understand. There are only so many hours in the day and there is only one you.
You are the second person today to ask about my crayon papers...and yes I wrap them myself.
Take care-
xo suze

~*~Patty S said...

Sorry to hear shingles reared their ugly head again, hoping that is a thing of the past for you....stress works in demonic ways! Take good care, do what you need to do, mothers are not always the best at self care....ask me how I know :) Stress hits me in the lower back, knocking me to my knees every now and then.........sending birdsong and blossoms to lighten your heart dear Rella.
I am enjoying combining fabric with paper, but you sound like a 'real' seamstress...enjoy * enjoy!