GOTHIC ARCHES = CHECK

One more project to cross off the list.




This was a sweet little project that I spent most of today working on.

The rules: create three fabric arches
with template given on the Paper Whimsy group
(It's about 7" long)
use a PW image and also make charms to go along with it.

I first stamped with a new Versa Magic ink pad (pink) on the best muslin I could find.
No slubs or nubs anywhere.

Then I appliqued a PW image sheet that I ordered in the fabric version rather than paper.

It's a great sheet #067.........
with several fabulous image designs.


On the backside of each arch piece (front and back) is a layer of thin batting.

In between the front fabric, batting and back fabric and batting
is an arch cut from 140 lb. watercolor paper.

I was a tad nervous to put all this under the sewing machine
to zig-zag the edges.

But my trusty Singer that I've had since the late 80's
works every time!!

I added a delicate piece of lace to the top of the image, sterling silver beads
for the eggs in the nest,

and a little itty, bitty heart button
about 1/4"
for the front of the dress.

Also, the halo around the head was hand quilted.

With brown StayzOn I stamped the text on a separate piece of muslin and machine appliquéd it on th front.

Next was pieces of silk ribbon that I also got from Paper Whimsy, gathered up and sewn around the text.

A little rosette and leaf created from silk ribbon, also.

Next came some glitter. Always with the glitter.


The backside I kept very, very simple.

One of the images on the very same sheet I appliqued to the the back on top of the pink stamped text.

Once signed....they are done.

One of the two charms I am sending along with the arch is made by stamping my brand new stamp that my son, Ryan sent me for Mother's Day...On Shrinky Dink with Brown StayzOn and into the oven.......so darn cute. I love, love, love this stamp.



I keep one arch and mail the other two to the two members of my group. I am keeping the middle,blue image arch.

Now, on to the theater.

Gulp.

5 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

oooh!! I love that stamp, too!! Can you tell me who makes it, please? :)

Babsarella said...

Rella,
These arches are FANTASTIC!!! I just love everything about them...stamps, images, fibers...totally gorgeous. And the charm is super cute...love that stamp!!! Your son has EXCELLENT taste in stamps!!! I can just picture that birdie with the CC princ bird!! BTW, who makes this cute stamp??

Cindy Dean said...

You always make such beautiful pieces.

Sarah said...

Rella I love your Arches they are beautiful. Hope you are ok?

Love sarah xx

Carol Stocker said...

Hi Rella! Your arches and charms are great! That stamp is pre-shus! I have an award for you to pick up on my blog cuz I love you, your blog and your art. Hugs, Carol